Tuesday, January 20, 2009

How do you spell 'duty'? Wait...which kind?

There's reason I had to ask which kind of duty (or doodie?), and I'll get to that. But yes, even though I am the mom and supposed to be the voice of sanity in our household, my husband was double checking on how to spell 'duty' (hey, I'm the speller in the family, he's the math wiz), and the first thought that popped into my head was: doodie? why are you writing about doodie? I have to admit, I'm not even sure if I'm spelling THAT kind of doodie correctly, but it looks good. Needless to say, I still have not lived this down. But I did get some insight today as to why 'doodie', and not 'duty', was the first word to flash across my brain.
I got back from the grocery store and unloaded groceries while James played with Neon (his favorite crinkly winged parrot toy). Things started to head a little south in the entertainment department, so I finished up and grabbed James for a diaper change. Of course, I smelled a little something, but you never know whether or not there's a stealth poop in there. I pull off his pants and realize we've got a little mess on our hands, so I decide to pull off socks too. Then I realized, somehow, there was poo ALL over his socks. What?! LOL How did that even happen? So we change clothes completely, I basically give him a bath with several wipes, then give myself one. I still smell poo. So you see, how could I NOT think of doodie? It's a big part of my day. All I can say to James is: Well played, sir!

2 comments:

Grace said...

I think you used to be a good speller before you became a mother....but I'm not sure...I don't remember...

Heidiho said...

Om my gosh Clare this post brought back this big memory for me. I was at target with Brittany and Garrett and Carson as a baby. All of a sudden Carson had this huge blow out through everything. We couldn't get out there fast enough. Clare it even was all over the shopping cart OMGosh... This blog is so much fun to read.