Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Genetic testing

Well, I loved my new OB. She seemed very nice and spent a good amount of time with us, answering our numerous questions. We got another ultrasound, we're at 11 weeks, just 4 weeks since our last ultrasound, and what a change! You could see the shadows of the eyes, nose, and mouth, plus the little monster was swinging its arms around, wiping its face, and I'm pretty sure it mooned us. Must be a girl.
Then we got the whole talk on all the tests we could have done, should have done, genetic counseling, etc. Yikes! Too much information, seriously. I mean, I'm already pregnant, so I suppose sometime in early July we'll find everything out. Plus, you can test for everything, but no test is completely accurate, with many false positives. I'm not sure, but I don't think I want to know. Isn't ignorance bliss?

No comments: